What is e-Residency?
Verdis offers e-Residency, a service that provides the ability for you to easily register and manage a business, begin your pathway to citizenship, interact with a community of incoming citizens and business owners, receive an e-Resident card allowing you to attend specific Verdisian events online and in-person for free, and many other features.
As Verdis is a young and newly founded country, your proposals, businesses and contributions can bring forward many potentials as the country continues to progress and grow.
If you are a citizen, you are also automatically an e-Resident and can register on the e-Resident portal.
Who is eligible to become an e-Resident?
Verdis invites anyone in the world to apply for Verdisian e-Residency as long as they fit the following requirements:
- You have good intentions and will respect Verdisian law
- You have a clear understanding of why you are applying for Verdisian e-Residency and how you plan to use it.
- You are not a Verdisian citizen or a foreign citizen residing in the Free Republic of Verdis on a residence visa or have the right of residence.
- You understand that e-Residency does not allow you to live in the Free Republic of Verdis
- Background checks: All applicants for Verdisian e-Residency will undergo background checks conducted by the Verdisian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs manages the entirety of the application process to make sure that e-Residency is being applied for by a verified person with good intentions. You will be asked a number of security questions and be required to show a valid form of ID and proof of address before going forwards.
- Travel: e-Residency status does not allow you to enter any foreign country, including Verdis.
- Transparency: In Verdis, a large amount of information about Verdisian companies is publicly available including the company name, registry number, legal address, contact details, names and surnames of representatives of the company, annual reports, paid taxes, taxable turnover and the number of employees in your company. This information being available, like many other countries, helps Verdis have a transparent and trusted online business environment.
- Tax and Laws: Many laws are expected to change over the next few years which includes changes in our laws surrounding tax. When these changes are announced, they will not come into action until at least 4 months after the announcement.
Some of the questions you’ll be asked in your e-Resident application:
– Your Full Name
– Your Address
– Date of Birth
– Country / Region of Birth
– Security Questions (e.g. Have you ever possessed and lost Verdisian e-residency or citizenship?)
– If your application is suspicious, you might be asked to further prove your identity.
Application Fee: €100 EUR
Why is there an application fee and where does it go?
Due to the number of applicants, we charge a small processing fee to upkeep our systems. All proceeds go into the Verdisian Government to help build the nation.
If you have any further questions before applying, please contact [email protected]
No. As an e-Resident, you are only entitled to use the services listed on the e-Residency website. You are not a citizen and therefore still subject to certain visa requirements depending on your nationality.
As an e-Resident, you can apply to register a digital Verdisian business. You will obtain access to the (any-name).vs.land domain and receive free website hosting for up to a year, which you then have to either pay a monthly fee for, or use a hosting company.
(Business applications are temporarily closed, although you can reserve a business name and domain before they re-open)
e-Residents are eligible to apply for Verdisian citizenship once they have fulfilled the standards below. Applicants will be charged a one-time processing fee of €300. It must be noted that you can still be declined after paying the processing fee, and you will not be refunded.
If you are unsure on whether you might be eligible for citizenship or not, please contact [email protected] and your history with the country will be reviewed by an official. You will not be subject to a fee for this review.
In rare circumstances, you will not have to pay the processing fee at all, or you can be fast-tracked depending on your contributions or Verdis’ increasing demand for people who are seen as extremely beneficial to the country.
You must achieve the following before applying for citizenship through e-Residency:
- Have proof of at least 2 Verdisian citizens willing to vouch for you in your application or complete a DBS check in the country you reside in.
- You have been active in the forums throughout the year.
- You must have been an e-Resident for at least 1 year.
- You must be willing to relocate to Verdis in the future.