Welcome to the national website of the
A small country in Southeast Europe dedicated to liberal democratic values, reconciliation of ethnic groups, modernisation, the environment, and many more goals.
Verdis recently launched the Inhabit Verdis project seeking to attract investors, donors, and individuals looking to help develop Verdis.
What is Verdis?
The Free Republic of Verdis is a small sovereign state in Southeast Europe, between Croatia and Serbia, along the Danube river. Verdis was proclaimed on the 30th May 2019.
- Verdis is environmentally conscious
Verdis aims to be an environmentally sustainable country encompassing a wide range of initiatives and objectives aimed at minimising its ecological footprint while promoting responsible and sustainable practices.
- Everyone has a voice in Verdis
Everyone in Verdis has a voice, free from government oppression. Our laws are written to protect our citizens and their fundamental human rights. In Verdis, everyone is seen as equal regardless of religion, nationality, ethnicity, etc.
- Verdis is working to reconcile ethnic groups
Verdis is working to foster reconciliation between ethnic groups aiming to heal historical divisions and promote inclusive society.
- Verdis is aiming for recognition
The Verdisian Government wants the Free Republic of Verdis to be recognised as an independent sovereign state by the rest of the international community.
Latest news, updates and statements released by the Verdisian Government.
31/07/2023 Today the Verdisian Government officially initiated the Inhabit Verdis project seeking to attract investors, donors, and individuals looking to develop Verdis. …
08/07/2023 Today, the Verdisian Government took significant steps to enhance land surveying activities within the country, aiming to identify suitable locations for …
Interested in contributing to Verdis?
We have a number of opportunities and ways for people to get involved and help Verdis achieve its goals and aspirations.
What defines a state?
According to Article 1 of the 1933 Montevideo Convention on Rights and Duties of States, the canonical definition in international law reads: “The state as a person of international law should possess the following qualifications: (a) a permanent population; (b) a defined territory; (c) government; and (d) capacity to enter into relations with the other states.”
The Free Republic of Verdis has fulfilled all these criteria and principles set out in the Montevideo Convention ever since its inception.
Additional international legal considerations in Verdis' favor:
- The formation of Verdis as a state is based on self-government of its own people, i.e. its citizens;
- Verdis was proclaimed with the tacit consent of its former claimants Croatia and Serbia, which both have waived claim to the territory;
- Verdis does not violate the territorial integrity of any other country;
- Verdis was not claimed by use of force;
- Verdis is not a separatist or secession movement;
- Verdis is not a coup or takeover of an existing state
- There is no applicable counterclaim to that of Verdis on the indicated territory
Join our newsletter
Subscribe to receive the latest updates from the Verdisian Government.